UVA Darden Sands Family Grounds, 1100 Wilson Boulevard, Floors 30-31, Arlington, Virginia 22209
Directions for Uber / Lyft / Cab drop-off
Amtrak Train Information - to the Darden
Amtrak trains to the closest stations, Alexandria (ALX) or Union Station (WAS), can be booked via the Amtrak website.
Alexandria Station (ALX) – Also known as “King Street Alexandria”
110 Callahan Drive
Alexandria, Virginia 22301-2752
Washington, D.C. Union Station (WAS) – Also known as “Washington, Union Station”
50 Massachusetts Avenue NE
Washington, D.C. 20002-4214
Taxis are available at each Amtrak station, and ride request services like Uber or Lyft are available in the Washington, D.C., area.
To travel by Amtrak train to or from Charlottesville:
Charlottesville Station (CVS)
810 West Main St
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
TWO TRAINS HEAD NORTH FROM CHARLOTTESVILLE EACH MORNING:
- Train #20 (The Crescent): Scheduled to depart Charlottesville at 7:09 a.m. (9:32 a.m. arrival in Alexandria, 9:53 a.m. in Washington).
- Train #175 (Northeast Regional): Scheduled to depart Charlottesville at 8:52 a.m. (11:05 a.m. arrival in Alexandria, 11:20 a.m. in Washington).
TWO TRAINS HEAD SOUTH FROM WASHINGTON, D.C. EACH AFTERNOON:
- Train #171 (Northeast Regional): Scheduled to depart Washington Union Station at 4:50 p.m. (5:11 p.m. departure from Alexandria). Arrival in Charlottesville at 7:23 p.m.
- Train #19 (The Crescent): Scheduled to depart Washington Union Station at 6:30 p.m. (6:47 p.m. departure from Alexandria). Arrival in Charlottesville at 8:47 p.m.
Following are instructions for taking the Metro from ALX and WAS to UVA Darden DC Metro:
Metro from Alexandria Amtrak Station (ALX) to Rosslyn:
- Walk off Amtrak platform to “King Street, Old Town” Metro Station, approximately 0.25 miles
- Take the Blue Line train to Largo Town Center (trains run every 12 minutes or less)
- Travel to Rosslyn station (just after Arlington Cemetery Station)
- Once on the Metro, the trip should take less than 25 minutes
Metro from Union Station Amtrak Station (WAS) to Rosslyn:
- From Amtrak platform, follow signs to Metro station
- Take Red Line toward Shady Grove (trains run every 12 minutes or less)
- Transfer at the Metro Center to the Blue, Orange or Silver lines (three stops, next stop after Gallery Place Station); the lines run every 12 minutes or less
- Take four stops to Rosslyn station (just after Farragut North Station)
- Once on the Metro, the trip should take less than 30 minutes